A collection of Videos, Podcasts and articles we find meaningful
- Topics Include: An Introduction to Basics, Youth Basketball Tournaments, why Normal Improvement is so difficult, Conflicts with other sports, Playing with Friends, the state of Michigan, Patience and Gratitude, the folly of Travel Teams, how we can tell IN ONE MINUTE if your kid is ready to compete, Coach Wooden, Player Showcases, Mental Strength training.
- Topics Include: Summer Sanity (WAY too much basketball), Tips for Try Outs, Normal Improvement, Confidence, League Fatigue
- Basics Video Training including, the Mikan and Reverse Mikan Drills, the Cross Over Dribble, creating space, SHOOTING extension, Ball Control drills, the Runner, the Step Back, Bank Shots, Jump Stops and Pivots, the Catch and Shoot, Free Throws, the Spin Dribble, the Jump Hook, Shooting off the Inside Foot and others
Articles and Posts of Interest
- Commission on the NCAA chaired by Condi Rice. Basics participated in the findings
- In Defense of Youth Sports
- NBA Coach discusses Youth Basketball
- Why Basics players excel
- Arnie and Me (Yup. Coach looped for the King once)
- Coach McGannon bio
- The BEST and the WORST in our nature
- All Basics Grads: 3 Associated Press Michigan HS Players of the Year!
- The GENIUS of Coach John Wooden
- What YOUR KIDS THINK when you watch them play youth sports
- Our Culture page. Call with any questions to 616 402-1600