MENTAL STRENGTH TRAINING
It is HIGHLY ENCOURAGED for our area’s top players to embrace this work, to exercise their mental and emotional strengths as they do their physical practice. To reach one’s potential, sharp and efficient execution of both is required.
All Mental Strength Training with Coach McGannon.
When there are 2 players or teams of comparable or equal skill and athleticism, the player or team that is mentally stronger will win almost every time.
Likewise, it is NOT UNCOMMON for a player or team who may be less athletically gifted but mentally stronger to DEFEAT a more athletic, physically superior team.
Basics Mental Strength Training, rooted in Coach McGannon’s 5 years in professional golf, can substantially increase a player’s or team’s competitive edge by teaching them to THINK correctly.
PLEASE NOTE: while there can be extraordinary benefit to this training, the player must FIRST possess 2 key traits:
- Sharp skills/strong conditioning
- A willingness to OPEN UP verbally and sincerely address strengths and weaknesses
Call or e-mail with any questions or to set up personal training sessions. (616) 402-1600 or email@example.com.
- Improve by working on both your physical skills and your mind because basketball is a game of both confidence and competence.
- At any given moment, your self-image as a player is like a running total of all the thoughts you have about yourself and your game. Treat yourself with respect.
- If your self-image is poor, work on it as you would your physical fitness, seeking steady, gradual improvement.
Pictured below: Coach McGannon caddying for Arnold Palmer in the 1994 US Senior Open in Pinehurst. Coach played professional golf for 5 years, attempting the PGA Tour qualifying school twice. This experience was FILLED with mental strength training exercises which will be shared and taught with this service.
Coach McGannon won both the Senior Open and Open (all ages) Muskegon county championships recently, the only player to win both in the same year. Article here
All Mental Strength Training sessions are 1 hour in length.
|1 Session||2 Sessions||3+ Sessions|
Schedule your training session below. Contact Coach Jim with questions or to schedule appointment at (616) 402-1600 or firstname.lastname@example.org.