“Many coaches need to hear your approach @ these seminars. Basics Coaching Seminars will truly help both less experienced and experienced coaches WIN GAMES. Skills, Conditioning and HOW PLAYERS THINK–it’s the name of the game” See Our 3 Legged Stool video here
Coach Brad Richards
Three Time All Area Coach
Michigan HS Coach of the Year, 2002
All American player, Cornerstone University
- Can be run at ANY Basics gym, your home gym or VIRTUALLY.
- $125 per coach. Parents permitted
- 4 or more TOTAL, the cost is reduced to $95 per coach
- If financial assistance needed, please ask here.
- TOTAL TIME needed: 2 hours.
- REGISTER via Phone ONLY 616 402-1600
These seminars have 2 parts
Part 1: Skill development
Age appropriate skills drills and how to teach these skills
How to measure performance within the framework of these drills
- EXAMPLES Plus 1/Minus 1 Shooting The Mikan Drill with NUMBERS
The proper sequence these drills should be introduced: EX: teaching rebounding skills before a player understands defensive positioning is wasted effort.
Teaching and reinforcing the Team Concept
Game management, including basic man-to-man principles, zone principles, clock management, use of time outs, developing post and perimeter players, handling and applying pressure, referees and other game condition topics.
If asked, we will also discuss making cuts, handling parental pressure, fostering great academic standards through basketball, how to handle playing time and any other issues raised.
Part 2: Practice Organization and Sample Training
- We will ACTUALLY TRAIN A GROUP of YOUR PLAYERS (6-10 kids is ideal)
VERY valuable to see the players in action and how to pinpoint this training
- Players supplied by the coaches, no extra cost. (NOTE: players are NOT required but it is really beneficial to see the precise nature of this training in action)
Practice organization based on the skills of the players
How drills from Part 1 should be applied and measured in practice
Imagine understanding these teaching concepts and appropriately sharing that knowledge with your kids? You will position them for success on and off the court.